Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Yikes!

Yesterday morning Avi went into Brooklyn's room and found her laying on the floor for no good reason. He picked her up, changed her diaper and put her back to bed. Then after nap time I went in to wake her up and found her laying on the floor again. It startled me, but then she lifted her head and in a cheery voice chimed "Hi, mama!".

What I think is going on; We bought Brooklyn a play kitchen for her room last week in a bid to keep her occupied during these weeks of confinement. Until recently she's wanted very little to do with it (again, the steroids have made her indifferent to all things fun). The other night, before heading to bed myself, I popped into her room to check on her and she was up playing at her kitchen claiming to be baking challah bread! So I picked her up, put her back into her bed and left the room.


It is my belief that Brooklyn is getting out of bed to play at her kitchen and then, because of her weight gain, is unable to climb back into bed. I guess she doesn't call for us because the little bugger knows she's not supposed to be out of bed in the first place. She then gets tired, because she can't stand up for very long, and decides to finish up her sleep on her rug.

Under normal circumstances I'd be a hard ass about this and would discipline her for getting out of bed, but these circumstances are far from normal and this whole experience has turned me into a huge softy (brownies for breakfast? Sure!). So rather than trying to keep her in bed at night, we've just placed a step stool near her bed so that she can come and go as she pleases. I'm certainly not going to deter the poor kid from playing even if it is at 3 o'clock in the morning.

We currently have FOUR doses of dexamethasone left in this phase (but whose counting?). Friday seriously can not come fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment